We always want to provide you with the highest level of service, so we collect and hold personal information necessary for our business activities and to enable us to provide the information, goods or services you might be looking for. If we do not collect the information, we may not be able to provide these things.
We collect your personal information directly from you when you activate or use our services, interact with us, either in person, over the telephone or electronically (e.g. via websites, apps, social media posts, chats, telephone, emails and/or SMS) or as otherwise required by law. For example:
- Your contact details including your name, email addresses, telephone numbers, residential and delivery addresses;
- Your loyalty card number; or
- An electronic copy of the written communication or voice recording of the conversation (we always let you know when your conversations with us will be recorded).
Below are some examples of personal information we may collect from you and how we collect that information:
When you register to participate in one of our loyalty programs or when you use your loyalty card:
- your contact details;
- date of birth and gender;
- payment card and transaction details;
- information about purchases for which you earn loyalty points as well as your use of those loyalty points.
When you shop with us, including online, or browse our sites or apps:
- your contact details and loyalty card number
- information about your orders and purchases, including what, how, and when you buy from us, how you paid for purchases (including payment card details and transaction details);
- we may ask for your ID, such as your driver’s licence, if you purchase alcohol or tobacco or other forms of identification so that you can use certain services we provide;
- whether you have taken up or subscribed to any of our offerings such as clubs or loyalty programs, financial services products including insurance and credit cards or our apps;
- information about your online browsing behaviour on our internet sites and apps, including promotions you activated, as well as items you have added to your carts;
- information collected and held via our secure financial systems about the payment method you use for your purchases from us;
- like many websites, tracking technologies, such as “cookies”, are used to obtain certain types of information such as application activities, current location of your device, type and version of your browser, your device ID and other device metrics when you visit our websites, apps or our trusted partners’ websites or apps (see Cookies Statement for details);
- images and video that you have posted online to facilitate our service provision or sales promotion; and
- information we collect via our apps on mobile devices or smart devices (e.g. smart watches), for example the current location of your device, type and version of your browser and, your device ID and other device metrics, as allowed by your device permissions.
When you contact us or we contact you to take part in competitions, promotions, testimonials, reviews, surveys, focus groups or make other enquiries:
- your contact details and loyalty card number
- whether you activated the promotion
- the content of online communications with you, including competitions, promotions, feedback, reviews, ratings, comments and images included on any of our websites, apps or social media pages or any of our other digital services an electronic copy of the written communication or voice recording of the conversation.
When you visit us in person, including for events:
- your contact details, your ID, and loyalty card number for in-store/in-hotel services such as pick up, home delivery or special orders;
- we may ask for your ID, such as your driver’s licence, if you purchase alcohol or tobacco;
- cameras (including security and smart cameras) may record footage and other data which may identify you; or
- your contact details if security or team members are investigating whether you may have breached any store procedures or if you are injured in any one of our stores or are witness to an incident.
When you purchase a Gift Card (e.g. a Dan Murphy’s Gift Card) from us:
- your contact details
- your gift card ‘Card Number’ and the corresponding ‘PIN’
- balance on the gift card and its transaction history.
From time to time we may also collect personal information about you from other sources to help us supplement our records, improve the personalisation of our service to you, manage our services, and detect fraud.
For example, we may collect personal information from:
- our trusted partners to confirm your membership of the loyalty program, e.g. to convert Everyday Rewards points to your Qantas membership;
- State Governments for the purpose of exclusion from alcohol or gaming venues;
- information service providers to improve data quality, e.g. we validate addresses with Australia Post to improve your delivery experience; or financial services organisations for fraud prevention